1. Only travel if your journey is absolutely essential.
2. Please ensure you buy your ticket online or via our app in advance and download your ticket to your smartphone before arriving at the station.
3. Do not travel if you are unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19.
4. Arrive at the station at least 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
5. Only travel with one piece of checked-in luggage per person (maximum weight 32kg Business Class and 25kg Economy Class). No excess luggage will be accepted. In addition you may carry one piece of hand luggage (maximum size 60cm x 40cm x 25cm) per person
6. Keep 2 meters apart from other customers that do not live within your household and our staff at all times during your journey. We have restricted the capacity onboard our trains to approximately 50% to ensure customers can be seated at a safe distance from each other, and not facing other passengers.
7. Please ensure you sit in your allocated seat number onboard the train, and do not move around the train. Our onboard restaurant and prayer areas will be closed, and we will be offering only a limited catering trolley service. Card payments only will be accepted onboard the train.
8. Carry hand sanitizer and wash your hands regularly whilst travelling.
9. Face coverings should be worn at all times whilst travelling.
10. Put any used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands immediately afterwards. Avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth if your hands are not clean.
1. Customers must bring identification when buying a ticket and when traveling to ensure conformity of the names and ages of all customers.
2. Valid customer ID must be presented when travelling.
3. High school and University students travelling on a Student ticket, must present either an identification letter from their educational establishment or a University ID card before boarding the train.
4. Disabled / Cancer Patient ticket holders must present an accredited Disability ID Card or Medical Report (for Cancer Patients) when asked to do by SAR staff at the station or onboard the train.
5. Carer ticket holders must travel with a Disabled / Cancer Patient ticket holder at all times (maximum 1 Carer per Disabled /Cancer Patient customer). The accompanying Disabled / Cancer Patient ticket holder must hold an accredited Disability ID Card or Medical Report (for Cancer Patients).
6. Customers are responsible for ensuring they hold a valid ticket applicable for their entire journey.
7. Baggage check-in desks will open 2 hours before departure.
8. Boarding gates will close 5 minutes before the stated departure time.
9. Check-in desks for luggage drop off will close 20 minutes prior to the stated departure time.
10. The Business Class Lounge will open 2 hours prior to departure.
11. The ticket office will close 30 minutes before departure for sales and enquiries relating to the departing service.
12. Children (2 to 15 years) travelling in our seated accommodation must travel with at least one other adult (18+) in their group. Infants under the age of 2 must be accompanied by an adult at a ratio of 1:1. 13. Children and infants travelling in our Private Sleeper Cabins must occupy the room with at least one other adult (18+) in their group. Children and Infants under the age of 5 in our Private Cabins must be accompanied by an adult at a ratio of 1:1. Children over the age of 5 must have their own bed. The maximum occupancy rate in our Private Cabins is four inclusive of children and infants.
14. Customers must sit/sleep in the carriage and seat, cabin and bed number allocated to them on their ticket. SAR reserves the right to reallocate seats, cabins and beds at short notice.
15. Customers are entitled to a refund and/or compensation in line with SAR’s Passenger Charter commitments when services are cancelled or delayed beyond 2 hours owing to circumstances within SAR’s control.
16. When a service is cancelled due to force majeure, SAR will be exempt from providing passengers with compensation in line with the Passenger Charter, apart from providing customers with a full ticket refund.
17. If customers are late to the boarding gate, their booking will be cancelled and no refund due. However, our fares are flexible and can be changed or cancelled before departure (fees may apply). Click here for details.
18. All tickets are non-transferable, and can only be used by the named person on the ticket.
19. Discounts are not applicable to special offers or promotional fares.
20. SAR reserves the right to amend ticket prices at any time. SAR also reserves the right to cancel, amend or reschedule any promotional offers without notice.
21. Gregorian’s dates are the official dates that will be used on all tickets.
22. Infants under 2 will not receive a seat reservation in Business or Economy Class.
23. It is strictly prohibited to smoke in all station facilities and inside the train coaches. Failure to comply can lead to penalties.
24. No customer will be allowed to leave the departure area without a security permit.
25. Baggage will not be permitted onboard SAR trains without a travelling customer.
26. Abusive language and behavior towards staff will not be tolerated at any time.
27. Customer’s dress code onboard SAR trains must be in accordance with the traditions of KSA.
28. It is strictly prohibited to ship weapons, flammable materials and compressed containers. The carriage of weapons and sharp items on-board is strictly prohibited.
29. Food and beverages are not permitted to be brought on-board.
30. In the interest of customer safety, children must be supervised at all times.
31. Baby strollers are not permitted to be transported onboard the train, and must be checked-in to our luggage car.
32. The transportation of animals is not permitted.
Download Our App